Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flan is love

I do so love to cook. I heart the crap out of it. It's ART YOU CAN EAT!! I mean, think about that! I can craft over and over and at the end, it sustains me! Literally! How awesome is THAT? Anyway, I always love trying new things and I saw this great idea for chocolate lattice cups you can put fruit in and I couldn't wait to try it myself. I don't know if there's supposed to be chocolate made specifically for melting for this purpose but I just grabbed some Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips and melted them slowly in my microwave. If you do this, only put them in for about 10 seconds at a time and then stir between each. Then I covered some small cups with cling wrap and poured the chocolate over them. It did NOT come out all delicate and drizzly the way I had hoped but meh, I can live with it. Unfortunately, of the three cups I tried to make, only one survived the cling wrap removal process but that cup IS EPIC.



I made some vanilla flan and dumped gently drizzled caramel over it. Then I put some raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries in the cup and on a thin sheet of the drizzled chocolate and served it up for my hubby and I. I had to snap a photo first though cause I knew the minute I put it in front of him, it would be gone. He was certainly impressed for the few moments of life this dessert had before it was inhaled.

I admit it. I licked the plate and I'm not ashamed. >__>

1 comment:

Comments are the lifeblood of any blogger and I cherish every one I get. I would love to know what you think about my post as well as a little about you too! Please feel free to share your thoughts with me. Also, I promise word verification is off. ;)